The guard will let water trickle down and safely away, but stops those unwanted items like leaves, dirt, and other objects from clogging up your gutters and causing problems. Wet or damp debris that remains in gutters for too long can cause them to rust quickly.
Many people might think that gutter guards are not important, on the contrary they are very important. Gutters guard divert water from homes, meaning keeping them drier, but that turns out to be just one benefit of this innovative invention. Gutters divert water away from vulnerable roofs and foundations, protecting them from rocks or sticks and lowering the risk of a flooded basement or home.
Attic clean-up starts with the removal of rodent droppings, removing rodent nests and debris. Rodents bring with them harmful parasites, viruses, and other bacteria that can linger in your attic. Rodents urine and droppings bring other problems like foul odors that can stay in your home for a long period of time.
Removing old insulation is not easy, having the right equipment and personal protection can help a lot to get the job done. It is important to periodically have inspections of the attic and crawl space to catch any problems before they get to bad. In a worst-case scenario, the insulation may require removal in order to eliminate pre-existing materials that are dangerous and harmful (sometimes hazardous), like vermiculite that contains asbestos. Insulation has life expectancy of about 20 years. Rodents nesting in the insulation is the primary reason in the United States why homeowners need to replace the insulation. It is impossible to effectively clean insulation since most insulation materials are made out of fiber. Any attempt to clean or vacuum insulation will be inoperative, as insulation absorbs rodents urine and scents. In these specific cases damaged insulations need to be removed to efficiently eliminate rodents scent and areas should be disinfected to kill bacteria left by rodents. Removing contaminated insulation is an important improvement for your home since damaged insulation can cause structural damage and can directly affect the air quality inside your home. Poor air quality can cause major health issues and put you and your family in danger.
There are a variety of insulation materials that can be use such as fiberglass, cellulose, rock wool, polyurethane foam, etc. Insulation comes in different forms such as loose fill, batted and hard foam. Before installing insulation, it is recommended to seal any gaps with hard foam that allow unconditioned air into the space that you are insulating. Areas that need more attention would be around light fixtures, plumbing tubes, electrical wires, ductwork etc. Choosing the right type of insulation for your home can be difficult since there are many different insulation types. Some insulation options would be, loose-fill-fiberglass, cellulose, fiberglass-batt insulation, rockwool, denim-insulation, spray-foam insulation, etc.
- removing old blown in insulation in Fremont CA | Best Insulation Contractors Near Me | blown insulation removal.
- best radiant barrier foil in Hayward CA | Best Insulation Contractors Near Me | blown insulation removal.
- crawl seal vapor barrier in Berkeley CA | Residential & Commercial Insulation near me
- gutter protection installation in Walnut Creek CA | Attic Insulation Service Fiberglass Insulation
- installing moisture barrier in crawl space in Orinda CA | How much does it cost to insulate a house, attic, wall
- installing moisture barrier in crawl space in Berkeley CA | Residential & Commercial Insulation near me
- insulation installation contractors in Walnut Creek CA | Attic Insulation Service Fiberglass Insulation
- gutter and gutter guard installation in Orinda CA | How much does it cost to insulate a house, attic, wall
- best moisture barrier for crawl space in Oakland CA | Residential & Commercial Insulation Vapor Barrier
- removing old insulation from roof in Lafayette CA | insulation installers near me | loose insulation removal
Moisture is one of the main enemies of a home’s structure, potentially causing both structural problems and health issues. Uncontrolled moisture can cause rot and decay in wood framing and other materials, and it fosters mold and mildew that can cause allergies and asthma. At its most extreme, moisture can even determine if the construction of a home or room addition is possible at all. Where moisture is a known problem, vapor barriers are integrated into wall, ceiling, and floor construction to combat it effects. But nowhere is moisture more damaging than in a crawl space, even though it is not seen.
The crawl space has direct contact with the ground, it should be no surprise that moisture will develop here. It is difficult to overstate the problems that can occur because of crawl space moisture. One of the most serious problems caused by moisture is mold, mildew, and other fungi.