Clone bootable Apple Mac Hard Drive from Disk Utility Mac OS Sierra 2017
In this video learn how to clone your internal apple mac hard drive to an external thunderbolt , usb or ssd hard drive and boot from it. Also make it time machine backup drive using the disk utility and time machine . This is a free solution out of the box from mac os sierra 2017 .
more detail instruction of hard disk cloning
Mac Mini Hard Drive Replacement
Carbon Copy Cloner is a great tool for creating a clone or copy of your hard drive (download a free trial here).
- Boot from your old drive by starting your computer and pressing the ‘Option’ key. When you see the drive listing, select the icon for your original drive.
- Install Carbon Copy Cloner if you have not done so already, then launch the application.
- Select the Source Disk (your old hard drive).
- Select the Target Disk (your new hard drive).
- Under ‘Cloning Options’ select ‘Backup Everything.’
- Click ‘Clone’ – that’s it!.