Last Tuesday, my team made Korean traditional sauce, GoChuJang. ‘Spicy’ is a very essential flavor for Korean food and we use this so hot paste for this! Make your own homemade GoChuJang!! Cheers!
The Myth about Blood Sugars and Diabetes
Dr. Berg explains blood sugars and what the body must have in order to stay healthy. In this video, Dr. Berg talks about what the body burns first – fat or sugar and why it may be difficult for those who have diabetes to be on a diet and get results.
ㅡ재료ㅡ 생강 400g 대추 150g 배 2개 물 2L 엿기름 200g 찹쌀 400g 물 600ml
안녕하세요? 이번엔 가을 무우로 조청을 만들어봤습니다 재료 무우2kg1개(보통무우2개) 멥쌀(밥해놓거나 식은밥5공기) 엿질금(엿기름가루) 500g 물 500ml씩 두번 씁니다
감기 빨리 낫는 법에 딱인 ‘대추고’ 만들기
환절기가 되면서 감기 걸리시는 분들 많으신 것 같습니다. 한번 만들어 두고 먹으면 감기예방과 면역력증진, 불면증에도 좋은 ‘대추고’ 만드는 방법 소개해드리려고 합니다! 김소형 한의사가 알려주는 대추의 효능과 대추고 레시피!
Fasting vs. Eating Less: What’s the Difference? (Science of Fasting)
This is about the drastic physiological differences between fasting and eating less
*NOTE* One of the key things in being able to fast in a healthy matter is entering the state of ketosis – that is, switching your metabolism from burning carbohydrate to burning fat. *Considering most people have been burning carbohydrate their whole lives* this can make fasting a challenge. Upton Sinclair recommends doing quite long fasts – 12 days, but you may want to work your way up to longer fasts. Unless you are relatively keto adapted (or have experience with fasting of course), it’s important that you take precautions while doing a fast. Fasting isn’t inherently dangerous, *but diving into fasting when your body is in no way geared for it can be.* I recommend doing more research before doing longer fasts. “The Complete Guide to Fasting” (http://amzn.to/2tQjxXa) is a good book to start with.
As Tim Ferriss puts it: Please don’t do anything stupid and kill yourself. It would make us both quite unhappy.
Just in case I should also say that of course you need to balance fasting with eating – You need to survive off of something. I have been doing intermittent fasting the past year (22 hours fasted, 2 hours eating – you can widen it to 16/8, which still provides great benefits) and will fast for a couple days every other month or so. Several other people have recommend a routine like this – Tim Ferriss recommends doing a 3 day fast once per month and a 7 day fast once per year.
Also make sure you’re getting enough fat, protein, micronutrients and fiber to maintain a healthy weight and healthy body – *excessive* fasting can be very dangerous.
“The Obesity Code” by Dr. Jason Fung – http://amzn.to/2rXtalh
“The Fasting Cure” by Upton Sinclair – (If you google the title you can find the full book online)
“Tools of Titans” by Tim Ferriss – http://amzn.to/2rX6P7E
[BLINKIST] Blinkist is an app I’ve been using lately to discover new books and review the ones I’ve already read. It gives you the key points in text or audio form from tons of different non-fiction books. Since I’m always going through so many books to get these done, it’s very useful to get me exposed to more concepts beforehand to know if it’s worth my time to buy and read through that particular book. Check it out here: http://bit.ly/2sbegMN
Amazing Benefits of Prolonged Fasting
In this video, Dr. Berg talks about the 8 major benefits of prolonged fasting. Prolonged fasting is the fasting where you would go 48 to 72 hours or longer. The body goes into a survival mode when doing fasting.
Benefits of Prolonged Fasting:
1. Regrow Brain Cells – the very specific parts of the brain including the hippocampus and the parts of the brain stem. The part of the hippocampus that has been regenerated has to do with memory.
2. Increase Mitochondria – the mitochondria are the energy factories of the body. Incredible amounts of energy will be increased when you fast.
3. Autophagy – A body condition whereby it recycles old damage proteins, microbes and mitochondria to build new tissue.
4. Enhance Stem Cell Production – The stem cell is a cell without a purpose and is not differentiated into a specific cell yet. As you age, stem cell production goes down. Prolonged fasting is an amazing repair action.
5. Decrease Inflammation – Prolonged fasting is essential to help someone get to the root cause of inflammation and the safe way to reduce it. All of the autoimmune disease involves inflammation.
6. Decrease Tumor Growth – Tumors cannot survive in ketones and doing the ketogenic diet runs your body on ketones. Cancer runs on sugar and fasting depletes sugar reserves.
7. Increase Antioxidants – The body has an anti-oxidant network and doing prolonged fasting could cause the antioxidant levels to go up because this is where the body repairs and defends itself against microbes and other things.
8. Cell Resistance to Stress – It helps the adrenals by increasing the stress tolerance and you are no longer running on the ups and down on sugar and is basically going into this repair mode where the body starts to increase the resistance to all sorts of stresses.
How to Do Prolonged Fasting?
• Gradually – Let your body tells you how long you go without eating to get used to it.
• Refeed Slowly – When you are done with your fast, don’t eat huge meals and you have to refeed slowly because it could shock the system eating too much.
• Electrolytes + Sea Salt
• Green Tea – Naturally decaffeinated would be good. It will increase the antioxidant levels
• EDTA – The chelator that pulls out heavy metals specifically excess iron, excess calcium and a lot of other minerals.
Prolonged Fasting or Intermittent Fasting is NOT Recommended to:
• Pregnant Woman
• Very Thin Person / Person who wants to gain weight
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 52 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
How To Burn Fat
Dr. Berg in this presentation walks you through step by step how to burn fat using a unique formula. It’s all about improving insulin resistance. This is a condition whereby insulin does not go into the cells triggering excessive amounts of insulin to be generated. In the presence of insulin, all fat burning gets shut down. Dr. Berg’s organic raw wheat grass juice powder can provide a great way to enhance nutrients and improve blood sugars. Here’s the research.
WHY Sugar is as Bad as Alcohol (Fructose, The Liver Toxin)
Published on Nov 8, 2016
This video shows how Sugar leads to the same problems as Alcohol by examining the Biochemistry.
Most of the content in this video is based on Dr. Robert Lustig’s 2012 book “Fat Chance,” (http://amzn.to/2jTCu9G) his 2007 presentation “Sugar: The Bitter Truth” and a 2011 paper he co-authored “Toward a Unifying Hypothesis of Metabolic Syndrome”.