From the business
Ecobuild Architects is a full service architectural firm specializing in superbly designed single and multi-family projects (both ground up and renovation) as well as commercial tenant improvements in Oakland, San Francisco, and the Greater Bay Area.
In addition to offering clients exceptional project procurement services from design through project completion, our knowledge of state of the art high-performance building strategies offers clients cost-effective options for enhancing long term operating and maintenance costs.
Architect in Oakland CA, Courtney Miller
351 15th Street, Oakland, CA 94612, Tel: 415 637 8446
Established in 2017.
Ecobuild Architects is a rebranding of Courtney Miller Architects established in 1992 in the Boston Metro region – an award winning firm with a special focus on high-performance green building strategies. Notable projects in this period, developed with the subsidiary New England Solar Homes were active/ passive solar homes in Lexington, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania. The last in this period was a residence featured in episode 101 of Discovery Channel’s Renovation Nation. You can easily search reviews from this period.
Ecobuild Architects commenced with two renovations in Berkeley, the more significant, a Victorian on Haste Street brought back to its former glory – including a new first floor and foundation. Most recently, Ecobuild Architects began sharing office space in the co-working space called, Big Oakland, at 15th and Webster. We’re currently in planning stages on a 9 unit multi-family in Fremont, two ADU’s in San Francisco, and a mix-use project in San Leandro.
Meet the Business Owner
After graduating from UCLA Architecture, Courtney spent the first phase of his career in the Boston metro region (after a brief stint in Dallas), designing super-insulated passive and active solar homes, and acting as a green building consultant on several notable commercial projects – one of those being the National Marine Life Center, funded by the Massachusetts Renewable Energy Fund. He moved back to California in 2006, and worked with several large commercial firms doing higher-education and K-12, mixed-use multi-family, and high-rise hospitality projects until 2017. He is also part-time faculty teaching sustainable design at the Laney College, Department of Architecture.
Nature – Inspired Design Setting Good Things in Motion
Ecobuild Architects provides exceptional design and construction administration services for residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects throughout California with an eye towards sustainable/ high-performance building solutions.
Sustainable architecture in Berkeley CA, Architectural design near me Richmond CA
Ecobuild Architects is engaged in modern residential – commercial design projects in Oakland, Emeryville, Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito, San Leandro, Hayward, East Bay, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Architectural Design in Oakland CA, Architectural Drawings in Emeryville CA
- Barn Design & Construction Berkeley CA, Building Design Albany CA
- Custom Energy-Efficient Homes San Leandro CA, Green Building,Floor Plans in El Cerrito CA
- Historic Building Conservation Home Additions Extensions Hayward CA
- Home Remodeling Restoration Walnut Creek CA, House Plans, Kitchen Design Concord CA
- Kitchen Remodeling San Leandro CA, Multigenerational Homes Construction Alameda CA
- Prefab Houses Berkeley CA, Project Management Space Planning El Cerrito CA
- Sustainable Design Architect Oakland CA, Universal Design Piedmont CA
- Sustainable home East Palo Alto CA / High Performance Building Architects Palo Alto CA
- Architects in San Mateo CA & Building Designers in Redwood City CA